Air Fryer Lobster Tails with Lemon-Garlic Butter
Yield: 2 servings
- 12 oz lobster tails 2 about 6 to 8 ounces each
- ¼ cup butter 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Chives Freeze-Dried
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Butterfly lobster tails by cutting lengthwise through the centers of the hard top shells and meat with kitchen shears. Cut to, but not through, the bottoms of the shells. Spread the tail halves apart. Place tails in the air fryer basket with lobster meat facing up. See notes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add spices. Transfer 2 tablespoons of butter mixture to a small bowl and brush onto lobster tails; discard any remaining brushed butter to avoid contamination from uncooked lobster. Season lobster with salt and pepper.
- Cook in an air fryer at 380 degrees F (195 degrees C) until lobster meat is opaque, 5 to 7 minutes. Spoon reserved butter from the saucepan over lobster meat. Top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen Tip: How do you know when lobster tail is done? Similar to shrimp, lobster is cooked through when the flesh is firm and opaque. The shells will also turn bright red, but likely before the lobster meat is cooked through. Make sure the meat is white, with no translucent gray areas. You can also use a thermometer—when the internal temperature of the meat reaches 140°F (60°C), it’s ready!
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 407mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2395IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg