This low-carbohydrate, high-protein, gluten-free bread is quick and easy to make. Vary tasty for breakfast as toast with butter. Also good for sandwiches at lunch. SCD Legal. Low FODMAP
Verde Almond Loaf
Servings: 12 Slices
This low-carb, high-protein, gluten-free bread is easy to make.Print Recipe
- 1.5 c almond flour use finely ground
- 1/3 c almond meal
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder not SCD see substitute
- 2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar baking powder substitute
- 1/2 tsp baking soda baking powder substitute
- 1/4 c almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs large or 184 g liquid eggs, not whites
- 2 tbsp honey raw uncooked
- Heat oven to 350 F and grease well, especially the bottom of a 8x4 inch loaf pan with grass fed butter.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Stir until smooth batter forms.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.If using 8x5 pyrex, bake for 25 minutes and test.
- Cool for 10-12 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and toast for an extra treat.
Wrap in a paper towel, seal in a zip-lock bag, and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Try freezing to store for longer periods. Based on recipe from Krusteaz Almond Flour Baking Powder Substitute for this recipe: Use 1/2 tsp baking soda plus 2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar. Baking soda is 4 x the power of baking powder, so 1/4 teaspoon soda is equivalent to 1 teaspoon powder. -www.bonappetit.com
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg