This low-carbohydrate, high-protein, gluten-free bread is quick and easy to make. Vary tasty for breakfast as toast with butter. Also good for sandwiches at lunch. SCD Legal. Low FODMAP
Verde Almond Loaf
This low-carb, high-protein, gluten-free bread is easy to make.
Yield: 12 Slices
- 1.5 c almond flour use finely ground
- ⅓ c almond meal
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder not SCD see substitute
- 2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar baking powder substitute
- ½ tsp baking soda baking powder substitute
- ¼ c almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs large or 184 g liquid eggs, not whites
- 2 tbsp honey raw uncooked
- Heat oven to 350 F and grease well, especially the bottom of a 8x4 inch loaf pan with grass fed butter.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Stir until smooth batter forms.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.If using 8x5 pyrex, bake for 25 minutes and test.
- Cool for 10-12 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and toast for an extra treat.
Wrap in a paper towel, seal in a zip-lock bag, and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Try freezing to store for longer periods. Based on recipe from Krusteaz Almond Flour Baking Powder Substitute for this recipe: Use 1/2 tsp baking soda plus 2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar. Baking soda is 4 x the power of baking powder, so 1/4 teaspoon soda is equivalent to 1 teaspoon powder. -www.bonappetit.com
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg