This creates a very workable dough for great pie crusts.
Almond Pie Crust (SCD)
Servings: 8 slices
Crunch is the word!!Print Recipe
- 1 large egg or 46 gm liquid egg
- .25 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp erythritol or Honey raw uncooked
- 1.5 c almond flour 168 g or 5 7/8 oz
- Preheat Oven to 350 F
- Whisk together egg, salt and honey in small bowl of your choice.
- Add almond flour and stir until mixture comes together.
- Either place dough in pie pan and press into shape or do the following.
- Place dough on sheet of parchment paper. Pat out dough and place another sheet of parchment paper on top. Roll thin to a size to fit 9 inch pie pan
- Fit pie crust to pan and press in place doing whatever to make it look good.
- USE A FORK to pierce the rust throughout. This is to avoid bubbling of the crust.
- Bake 8 minutes or until light brown. Watch edges, they may brown first and burn.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg