Scallion and Almond Grain Free Popovers
Popovers are easy once you get the knack for making sure your oven is ridiculously hot before you put them in and do not open the oven door before they are ready.
Yield: 6 pop overs
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- ¾ c coconut milk cream
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 scallions chopped
- ¼ c parmesan optional
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Beat butter, cream, almond flour, scallions, parmesan and seasonings together until smooth.
- Add eggs one by one.
- Do not overmix. (This recipe is best made by hand)
- Batter should be no heavier than whipping cream.
- Do not use paper muffin cups. It is best to use a silicon muffin tray if possible.
- Grease the muffin tray well.
- Pour mixture into muffin tray 3/4 full.
- Put in hot oven.
- After 15 minutes lower the temperature to 350 F.
- Bake 20 minutes longer.
- Do not open the oven. Not even to peek.
- To test if they are done, remove popover and see if side walls are firm.
- If they are not cooked long enough they will collapse (they still taste nice).
A variety of ingredients can be used with the basic mixture. Add goats cheese, chili pepper, fresh basil and bell peppers, cheddar cheese and bacon bits…. You can even make sweet popovers by leaving out the scallions and seasoning and adding 1/4 c honey – serve with honey-raspberry jam and clotted cream. Or just have them completely plain with soup. Article printed from Hella Delicious: https://www.helladelicious.com URL to article: https://www.helladelicious.com/recipes/2015/06/scallion-and-almond-grain-free-popovers/