Very, very, very good apple crisp!
Apple Almond Crisp (SCD)
Servings: 8 servings
"Every bite is light and will not leave you with a heavy feeling in your stomach. The pecans and coconut oil give this treat a light, crispy, buttery taste." - Sweetened by NaturePrint Recipe
- 4 apples peeled, cored & sliced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/2 lemon just the juice
- 1 cup pecans raw
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey RAW only
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nosalt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. (I use 325 F in a convection toaster oven.)
- Wash, peel (SCD no skin), core, and slice the apples into bite-sized slices.
- Place the apple slices in a large bowl and mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and juice of half a lemon
- Optional: Place apples in medium saucepan on low medium heat and cook to soften apples. (Required for my SCD phase so they are really soft.)
- Grease a 4" x 6" glass pan or pan of choice with coconut oil, and spread the apple mixture evenly.
- Pulse the pecans and coconut flakes in a food processor for 10-15 seconds, then slowly pulse in the almond flour, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and spices.
- Spread the crisp topping over the apple filling evenly and bake 30-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Check at 20 minutes. If the topping looks like it is burning, cover it with aluminum foil and continue cooking until the apples are fork tender.
- Serve on its own or with your favorite dairy free ice cream. You can store the leftovers in the refrigerator 3-4 days.
Can be stored in the refrigerator 3-4 days. Based on recipe from Sweetened by Nature Blog.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 7.9mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1.2mg