A very tasty bar-b-q sauce with as much bite as you like and it’s SCD legal!!
Basil Bar-B-Q Sauce (SCD)
This extremely simple tomato bar-b-q sauce has many uses. I often use it with smoked, pulled pork as a bar-b-q sauce or on burgers as 'ketchup.'
Yield: 28 servings
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice freshly squeezed from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp honey raw unprocessed
- ¼ cup basil leaves fresh, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp nosalt or sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Add tomatoes to small saucepan tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer.
- Stir in oil, honey,lemon juice and all dry ingredients.
- Simmer at least 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened to your liking.. Remove from heat, cool and decant.
Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator for up to a week.
Calories: 28kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 170mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.8mg