You’ll love these beer shrimp even if you do not even like beer….. Great gluten-free beer shrimp, good cold or hot. This is from my sons, you’ll see what I mean. A must recipe in every kitchen. LowFODMAP
- 1 1.2 lbs shrimp in the shell preferably devained.
- 2 bottles sorghum beer (gluten-free!!) or any beer if gluten is not problem
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne optional, see notes.
- Clean, deshell and devain shrimp (can be left in shell if you prefer)
- Using a large sauce pan or kettle, combine everything EXCEPT shrimp.
- Bring to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle boil and add shrimp (yeah baby!.)
- Cook until they are pink (Floyd) and curled, 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.