You’ll love these beer shrimp even if you do not even like beer….. Great gluten-free beer shrimp, good cold or hot. This is from my sons, you’ll see what I mean. A must recipe in every kitchen. LowFODMAP
Great gluten-free beer shrimp, good cold or hot. This is from my sons, you'll see what I mean.
Yield: 6 4 oz servings
- 1 1.2 lbs shrimp in the shell preferably devained.
- 2 bottles sorghum beer (gluten-free!!) or any beer if gluten is not problem
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cayenne optional, see notes.
- Clean, deshell and devain shrimp (can be left in shell if you prefer)
- Using a large sauce pan or kettle, combine everything EXCEPT shrimp.
- Bring to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle boil and add shrimp (yeah baby!.)
- Cook until they are pink (Floyd) and curled, 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
Cayenne - AVOID if your IBD flares on this one. These can be refrigerated and served cold if desired. This recipe works for bonfires on the beach also.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 419mg | Sodium: 1679mg | Potassium: 133mg | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 8.7mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 3.5mg