Boiled cabbage and beef/polish sausage
A yummy recipe adapted from barnowl.Print Recipe
- 2 cabbage small heads
- 1 can Rotel Used diced tomatoes and dash of red pepper flakes
- 22.4 oz beer Haufbrau House
- 4 shake ground cloves
- 2 tbls butter unsalted
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 2 sausage beef Polish or bratwurst
- 1 red onion large
- Chop cabbage, rinse, add to large stock pot.
- Add can of Rotel and ground cloves.
- Pour in beer. Start warming on medium high heat so it will come to a boil.
- Slice onion and add it to a large skillet. Slice sausage on the bias and add to skillet. Heat through until the onions start to wilt and cook down.
- Add sausage mixture to the stock pot with the cabbage. Simmer on medium until desired tenderness is reached, stirring occasionally. Cook for at least 45 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 365mg | Potassium: 1081mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 599IU | Vitamin C: 176mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 4mg