This is bold new way to enjoy bratwurst
Cabbage and Sausage Casserole (SCD)
A most filling a unusual main dish with fresh cabbage and good sausage.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 c cabbage freach, shredded
- ½ c sweet onion thinly sliced
- ¼ c water
- ¼ c cooking sherry
- ¼ c apple cider vinegar with Mother
- 2 tbsp honey raw
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried ginger
- ¼ tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1 lb sausage bratwurst, sliced in 1/2 in slices
- Place all ingredients in medium saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Once the cabbage cooks down about 1/2 way, add the sliced sausage, cover and continue until cabbage is soft, stirring frequently.
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 732mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 14.6mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.9mg