The ultimate in homemade cabbage/beef rolls. Recipe looks daunting, but is really very easy. As you can see it was so good, the rolls disappeared before the picture was made!!
Cabbage Rolls (SCD)
Servings: 2 servings
This cabbage beef roll is beyond anyone's imagination. including mine. .Just had a inspiration and it is very tasty.Print Recipe
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic I use 2 tbsp
- 1/2 c peppers bell or and sweet mini-peppers
- 1/2 c sweet onion chopped
- 1 cabbage leaves large, boiled
- 1/4 c ginger grated
- 1/4 c basil fresh leaves chopped
- 1 c broth I use low sodium chicken broth
- 300 g ground chuck seasoned as you desire
- Combine everything except beef and cabbage in small bowl and set aside to blend the flavors
- Boil cabbage leaves until soft and pliable. You need you be able to wrap them
- Transfer ingredients from blow to small saucepan and heat until soft.
- Form beef into two rolls to fit your 5x8 baking/casserole dish.
- Cool the cabbage leaves and encapsulate completely each beef roll. Place each roll into the dish, separated from each other.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spoon remaining ingredients over/around the rolls.Bake until beef internal temp is at 160-170 F depending on your taste.
- Serve warm
Calories: 553kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 709mg | Potassium: 600mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 660IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3.2mg