Very tasty BarBQ sauce.
Carolina-Style Barbecue Sauce
Servings: 10 servings
This is adapted from Big Daddy with tasty modifications for my diet.Print Recipe
- 1 c mustard I use Chef Verde's Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c powdered erythritol Lakanta
- 1/3 c light brown sugar
- 3/4 c cider vinegar Apple Cider with mother if possible
- 1/4 c water
- 2 tbsp chili powder mild
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp white pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1 tsp Maggi
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Combine all the ingredients, except the Maggi and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Maggi Seasoning and butter and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the cayenne, if using. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, making sure to stir occasionally.
- Remove the sauce from heat and allow the mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before using it in your favorite barbecue recipe.
"Big Daddy," one of our readers, generously shared this recipe with us. And it doesn't disappoint. Make bigger batches and keep in the fridge for up to 10 days. As this sauce isn't pasteurized nor canned to preserve, use what you need and keep refrigerated. Never apply used utensils to spoon the sauce, and if a piece of uncooked meat or chicken falls into the sauce, discard the sauce immediately.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 312mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 605IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg