A great cheese pasta treat.
Cheddar Bacon and Red Lentil Penne
tasteofhome Very easy to make with a nice flavor. Different from the usual mac and cheese
Yield: 2 servings
- 112 g red lentil penne pasta uncooked from Barilla
- ¼ cup sweet onion chopped
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strip cooked and crumbled
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta, bacon and onion mixture to the saucepan; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Calories: 737kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 730mg | Potassium: 839mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1153IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 760mg | Iron: 1mg