A great recipe for chicken and broccoli fried rice you’ll love even if you are not a broccoli fan. No broccoli, no big deal. It works with all kinds of vegetables and meats for a variety of dishes.
Chicken Fried Rice
This is a favorite menu of mine and has infinite alternatives with the base of the Jasmine boiled rice. I use this to test new meats and vegetables to see if they work for my diet.
Yield: 2 people
- 354 g chicken breast aka 12.5 oz can without additives
- 150 g Jasmine rice
- 250 g broth Chicken or vegetable
- 150 g frozen broccoli 1 tbls water 2mijutes chop
- 2 tbls Tamari sauce
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- Prepare Rice as in the Jasmine Rice recipe. I always begin with the rice and then work this recipe simultaneously so the parts are already together.
- Add oil to medium sized pan and warm on medium heat
- Microwave broccoli 2 minutes with 1 tbsp water, cool and chop.
- Add chopped chicken and broccoli to the oil and heat on medium for 10 minutes. While rice is completed.
- Add rice to pan and heat on medium high until the rice begins to crackle.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add Tamari sauce, cooking until 'done,' cook's choice.
I like to let the rice fry until it becomes crispy before I turn it. This ads crunch that my family enjoys, Just don't over do it!