Chicken and carrot fried rice with egg roll is a family favorite and IBD friendly for me. Very tasty and easy to prepare on short notice. It can be expanded easily for a family of 8 hungry people. The Egg Rolls can be prepared ahead of time, frozen, thawed and cooked in an Air Fryer – ready in 15-20 minutes.
Chicken and Carrot Fried Rice with Egg Roll
- 1/2 lbs chicken breast shredded
- 3.5 oz Jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup broth Chicken or vegetable
- 5 oz carrot shredded
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 1/4 c herbs fresh basil and tarragon
- 1/2 tsp basil
See Vietnamese Egg Roll recipe for Egg Rolls
- Prepare Rice as in the Jasmine Rice recipe. I always begin with the rice and then work this recipe simultaneously so the parts are already together.
- Add oil to medium sized pan and warm on medium heat.
- Combine shredded chicken, carrots, basic, oil and broth to pan and heat until they begin to brown.
- Add rice to pan and heat on medium high until the rice begins to crackle.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add cook until 'done,' cook's choice.
- Serve with Egg Rolls