Finally an SCD bun recipe I can like and you will too. Slice and toast for superior enjoyment.
Coconut-Almond Bread Buns
Servings: 18 slices
Great SCD coconut & almond flour bun recipe.Print Recipe
- 79 g coconut flour ~~ 2/3 c
- 90 g almond flour ~~ 3/4 c
- 4 tbsp almond meal
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp nosalt
- 1/2 c butter one stick salt free
- 8 eggs I use 6 whole + 92 g egg whites
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar w/ mother
- 1/4 c water
- Preheat oven to 300° F. (I use a convection oven @ 280 F)
- Butter 6 bun pans heavily with salt free butter. (I use parchment paper squares in place of butter for easier removal.)
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, almond flour, salt, and baking soda
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, NEXT add butter, honey, water, vinegar and whisk more until combined.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry. Give the coconut flour time to adsorb the liquid, 3-5 minutes.
- Scoop batter into 6 well buttered bun mini pans. I use a #10 scoop and grass fed butter.
- Bake at 300°F for 30, but start checking @ 25 until you know your oven. (280 F & 25 minutes in my convection toaster oven)
- Cool and serve
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.7mg