Shrimp coconut curry with a basil kicker.
Coconut and Basil Curry Shrimp (SCD)
Just Awesome curry shrimp!
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lbs shrimp raw, peeled and deveined
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1 onion medium, finely diced
- 1 tbsp curry powder use Verde's Curry powder
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 lime Juice
- 12 basil leaves fresh, chopped
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Add the garlic and onions to the skillet and stir to cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the curry powder over the onions and continue cooking, stirring, for another couple of minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the coconut milk, stirring to combine. Add the honey, salt and lime juice, and allow the sauce to heat up until bubbling gently.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and allow it to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the basil.
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 301mg | Sodium: 1092mg | Potassium: 394mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 13.7mg | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 6.2mg