These coconut walnut muffins are really awesome. Hard to maintain control or they’ll all be gone before you can blink an eye.
Coconut and Walnuts Muffin (SCD)
Servings: 24 mini-muffins
"This is a basic coconut flour muffin recipe. Use this recipe as a base for simple muffins or add orange or lemon zest, dried fruit, or chocolate to this recipe to create your favorite muffin."-- Coconut MamaPrint Recipe
- 3/4 c coconut flour Fine ground, I use KA brand
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nosalt or sea salt
- 1/4 c walnuts chopped
- 6 eggs organic ~~ 276 g liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 c coconut oil liquid ~~ 112 g
- 1/2 c honey raw, uncooked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Grass fed butter for greasing muffin pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. and grease 24 cup baking pans with grass fed salt free butter.
- In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and mix in melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flour has absorbed the liquid.
- Fill each muffin cup full of batter. I pat them flat and fill each cup.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until toothpick test is passed.
- Remove muffins immediately from pan gently, they should just drop out.
- Let muffins cool before serving.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator. May be frozen to retain freshness.
Yields 24 coconut walnut muffins. I freeze almost immediately to preserve freshness. I use these measured: 1/2 cup is 8T and 3/4 cup is 12T :>)) If using Fine Flour, Light King Arthur, use 90 g. For Bob's not so fine, use 84 g. Adapted from Coconut Mama
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.4mg