A different banana bread to be sure. Great for SCD diets.
Coconut Banana Bread (SCD)
This banana bread is full of nutrients.Print Recipe
- 3 bananas very ripe medium bananas
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nosalt
- 12 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 c walnuts chopped
- 1/4 c coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp honey raw
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Whisk eggs and honey (optional) in a small bowl with salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, nutmeg (optional) and cinnamon.
- Add to the bananas and whisk to combine.
- Add coconut flour and stir to combine.
- Fold in nuts and coconut flakes if using.
- Coconut flour/flakes absorbs liquid so you may need to thin the batter; use coconut oil or milk, or a touch of water. Batter should be very thick, but pourable.
- Bake in preheated oven in a lined 4x6″ loaf pan for ~~ 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. I also used bun pans at 25 minutes.
If the bread batter is too thick, thin it with coconut milk, oil or water. This recipe evolved from the Banana Bread recipe found at The Healthy Gut Company
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.1mg