Coconut Banana Buns (SCD)
These SCD banana buns are full of nutrients.
Yield: 12 half bun
- 3 bananas very ripe bananas
- 5 eggs
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp nosalt
- ¾ c coconut flour
- 1 ½ tbsp honey raw
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ c walnuts chopped
- ¼ c coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and line 6 4" bun pans with parchment paper squares.
- In medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Whisk eggs and honey (optional) in a small bowl with salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, nutmeg (optional) and cinnamon.
- Add to the bananas and whisk to combine.
- Add coconut flour and stir to combine.
- Fold in nuts and coconut flakes if using.
- Coconut flour/flakes absorbs liquid so you may need to thin the batter. Batter should be very thick, but pourable.
- Add batter to bun pans using a #10 scoop or large serving spoon. Distribute evenly in each bun pan.
- Bake in preheated oven in parchment paper lined bun pans at 25 minutes.
If the batter is too thick, thin it with coconut milk, oil or water. This recipe evolved from the Banana Bread recipe found at The Healthy Gut Company
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.7mg