A really simple, tasty chicken curry. Make it as hot as you can stand.
Coconut Curry Chicken (SCD)
Servings: 2 servings
Just Awesome curry chicken!Print Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- .5 lbs chicken breast thinly sliced
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1 onion medium, finely diced
- 1 tbsp curry powder use Verde's Curry powder
- 12.00 oz coconut milk - raw from the can, no additives.
- 2 tbsp honey raw, unprocessed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 lime juice from one lime.
- 12 basil leaves fresh, chopped
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until pink is gone. Set aside.
- Add the garlic and onions to the skillet and simmer for 2 minutes
- Sprinkle the curry powder over the onions and continue cooking, stirring, for a few minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add coconut milk, stirring to combine. Add the honey, salt and lime juice, and allow the sauce to heat up until bubbling gently.
- Add the chicken back to the sauce and allow it to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the basil.
Calories: 681kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 40g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 552mg | Potassium: 980mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 19.2mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 7.4mg