You will really like this quick pizza crust.
Coconut Pizza Crust with Toppings (SCD)
What? Coconut pizza crust! Are you kidding me!?
Yield: 4 servings
For the pizza base:
- 2 ea eggs
- ¼ c coconut flour
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 pinch nosalt or sea salt
For the toppings: (optional)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp crushed tomatoes
- ⅕ lb bratwurst sliced into pieces
- 1 ea plum tomato sliced
- 1 c cheddar cheese Extra
- ¼ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp oregano
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- In a bowl beat the eggs.
- Mix in nosalt and coconut flour and stir well to combine. Give the coconut flour 3-5 minutes to absorb.
- Add the cheese and mix with the "dough." I do this by hand. Keep mixing the cheese and dough until well combined and a ball has formed.
- Lay the ball out on a sheet of parchment paper. Lay another sheet of parchment over the dough ball.
- Press the dough ball with the palms of your hands to flatten about a 1/4 inch thick. Use a rolling pin if you like but ensure it is not too thin.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Brush oil on the crust. Spread the crushed tomatoes evenly on the crust. Sprinkle herbs evenly.
- Next the tomatoes and sliced bratwurst. Then top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for another 12-15 minutes until the extra cheese has melted. Keep an eye on the crust for the last few minutes that it doesn't burn.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 414mg | Iron: 0.8mg