Best darn homemade cranberry sauce. This recipe is borrowed from a great chef.
Cranberry Sauce (SCD)
The most wonderful cranberry sauce I've ever tasted and it's SCD. Thank you Danielle Walker
Yield: 8 1/2 cups
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 c orange juice freshly squeezed
- 24 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 c honey raw, uncooked
- ½ tsp nutmeg ground
- ½ tsp cinnamon ground
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and set aside to bloom.
- Mix the cranberries, orange juice, honey, orange zest, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the berries begin to break open, about 20 minutes.
- Pour in the bloomed gelatin and whisk until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until thickened.
Make it ahead The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator before serving. AUTHOR: Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 27.7mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.5mg