Creamy Cheddar Cheese Soup
This creamy cheese soup is delicious on a cold winter day!
Yield: 6 servings
- ¼ c butter
- 1 onion chopped
- ¼ c all-purpose flour
- 3 c chicken broth
- 3 c milk
- 1 lb shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter or margarine. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook until flour has blended with onion mixture.
- Add chicken broth and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened. Add milk and heat just to boiling, stirring constantly.
- In covered blender at medium speed, blend about 1/4 of soup mixture at a time until smooth. Return to saucepan and, over medium heat, heat just to boiling. Remove from heat.
- With wire whisk or slotted spoon, stir in cheese until melted. If cheese does not melt completely, cook over very low heat about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 1020mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1194IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 697mg | Iron: 1mg