This is under construction – use at your own culinary risk!!
Crunchy Almond Cookies (SCD)
Crunch is the word!!
Yield: 12 cookies
- 1 large egg or 46 gm liquid egg
- .25 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp honey raw
- 1.5 c almond flour fine or superfine
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 egg white
- Preheat Oven to 350 F
- Whisk together egg, salt and honey in small bowl of your choice.
- Add almond flour and stir until mixture comes together
- Place dough on sheet of parchment paper. Pat out dough and place another sheet of parchment paper on top.
- Roll thin to a size of 10 x 6 inches by 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove top parchment and using a cookie cutter, cut some cookies.
- Place parchment with 'cookies to be' on a baking sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until golden brown. Watch edges, they may brown first and burn.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
ICING THE BISCUITS.
- Mix together the icing sugar (honey), egg white and 1-2 tbsp water to form a smooth, runny icing. Dip the top of each biscuit in the icing and spread with the back of a knife. Leave to dry out in a warm area.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour package.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.6mg