Curried Coconut Shrimp (SCD)
Servings: 6 servings
A really great curried shrimp. This recipe is based in part on Ms Ed's Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.Print Recipe
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger fresh minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder I use Chef Verde's Curry
- 13.5 fl oz coconut cream
- 12 oz Mango 3 oz dried and rehydrated weight
- 1 tbsp Nước Mắm fish sauce
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed if possible
- 14 oz pepper stir-fry veggies or your choice, strawed
- 12 oz shrimp cooked, peeled and deveined. or fresh shrimp if you like.
- 1 tsp Salt to Taste
- Run shrimp under cold water to thaw if necessary.
- Puree mango in a blender
- In a large wok or frying pan. Heat oil.
- Saute ginger, garlic and curry powder for a minute or two.
- Stir in coconut cream, Nước Mắm, mango, cilantro and lime juice.
- Add veggies and cook to simmer until veggies are close to your liking.
- Stir in shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink.
Calories: 548kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 1099mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 9348IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 7mg