These date and pecan nuggets are the new klondike gold in snacking, laced with coconut chips, bet you can’t each just a half of one! Betcha.
Date and Pecan Nuggets (SCD)
- 1 tsp Coconut oil for greasing or Crisco.
- 1 cup pecans raw pecan halves about 5 oz
- 12 tbsp shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 cup dates ~~12 Medjool dates, pitted, softened in microwave in a bit of water for 1 minute
- 2 tsp honey raw
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees.
- Grease a mini cupcake pan.
- In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients at the same time and process on high about until you get a thick pasty mixture. Press this mixture into the mini cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes until darker brown and smells good.
- ***** Turn off oven and crack slightly leaving the muffin pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely at room temp. THEN and ONLY THEN, use a toothpick to loosen the nuggets and then place them on a rack to cool.
- Refrigerate or freeze. May be reheated in microwave and/or topped with butter or icing to serve,
These date and pecan nuggets are the new gold in snacking, laced with coconut chips, bet you can’t each just a half of one!