This wonderful date and pecan and coconut crust has many uses. Or just it it plain.
Date and Pecan Pie Crust (SCD)
Servings: 8 servings
This crisp and chewy date pecan crust is a great healthy yet decadent tasting crust for any pie, especially a honey pecan pie.Print Recipe
- 1 tsp Coconut oil for greasing
- 1 cup pecans raw pecan halves about 5 oz
- 1 cup dates 12 Medjool dates, pitted, softened in microwave in a bit of water for 1 minute
- 12 tbsp shredded coconut unsweetened
- 2 tsp honey raw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9.5 inch pie dish with coconut oil
Crust Option I
- In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients at the same time and process on high about until you get a thick pasty mixture. Press this mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie dish and set aside.
Crust Option II
- In a food processor, process the ingredients on high in this order:First the pecans and the coconut until a course crumbly like mixThen add dates and honey on top and process until you again have a course crumbly like mixPress this mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie dish and set aside.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes until darker brown and smells good.
- Remove from oven and cool completely at room temp.
Inspired by Michele
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2.3mg