The Best Buns I’ve ever made!! Can’t keep them in the kitchen for more than few hours as they are so good everyone wants more than one. Even plain they are delicious. This is the almond version with gluten free beer. LowFODMAP
Disappearing Almond and Beer Buns
- 138 g liquid egg 3 large eggs
- 56 g Olive oil 1/4 cup
- 355 ml beer Gluten Free Red Bridge Beer or water
- 170 g sorghum flour
- 170 g tapioca flour
- 85 g potato starch
- 85 g almond meal
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk 1 scant tbls Xanthan Gum
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 25 g torbinado sugar
- 1 egg 1 egg whisked with 3 tbl water
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
First Things to do.
- In the bowl combine: water, oil, and eggs. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine: gluten free flour, sugar, yeast, xanthan gum, and salt. It's important to blend dry ingredients thoroughly before adding to liquid ingredients.
- Add (blended) dry ingredients to liquids in bowl. Mix on low speed, scrape bowl down, and blend more on medium speed until smooth and cohesive. Dough will have the consistency of a thick brownie batter.
- Cover dough and refrigerate overnight or 6-8 hours. It will rise in the fridge, so allow room.
Next Day or 8 Hours Later
- Remove dough from fridge and let sit at room temp for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease 12 - 4" round mini cake pans.
- Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast into a tablespoon of water and stir into dough.
- Scoop dough using a #10 disher into each pan.
- Spread dough to edges and smooth top of buns gently with a dampened spatula.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
- Wait 10-15 minutes in a warm room before baking.
- Bake buns for 22-24 minutes; internal temperature of 207 is ideal (using probe) .
- Let buns cool for a few minutes, then remove from pans and transfer to a cooling rack.
- This is important, because condensation will form on bottom.