The Best Buns I’ve ever made!! Can’t keep them in the kitchen for more than a few hours as they are so good everyone wants more than one. Even plain they are delicious. This is the almond meal version with almond milk. Beyond delicious. LowFODMAP🍏🍏🍏🍏
Disappearing Almond and Almond Buns
The Best Buns I've ever made!! Can't keep them in the kitchen for more than few hours as they are so good everyone wants more than one. Even plain they are delicious. This is the almond with almond version. Absolutely delicious. FODMAP-🍏🍏🍏🍏
Yield: 12 Buns
- 3 eggs large eggs or 138 g liquid eggs
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ c almond milk
- 6 oz sorghum flour
- 6 oz tapioca flour
- 3 oz potato starch
- 3 oz almond meal
- 2 tbsp torbinado sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum 1 scant tbsp
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 egg 1 egg whisked with 3 tbl water
- ½ tsp instant yeast
First Things to do.
- In the bowl combine: almond milk, oil, and eggs. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine: flour, sugar, yeast, psyllium husk or xanthan gum, and salt. It's important to blend dry ingredients thoroughly before adding to liquid ingredients.
- Add (blended) dry ingredients to liquids in bowl. Mix on low speed, scrape bowl down, and blend more on medium speed until smooth and cohesive. Dough will have the consistency of a thick brownie batter.
- Cover dough and refrigerate overnight or 6-8 hours. It will rise in the fridge, so allow room.
Next Day or 8 Hours Later
- Remove dough from fridge and let sit at room temp for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease 12 - 4" round mini cake pans. I use grass fed butter. OR LINE with 8" parchment paper squares.
- Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast into a tablespoon of water and stir into dough. I use a kneading hook on a stand mixer for more even distribution.
- Scoop dough using a #10 disher, filled but flattened, into each pan.
- Spread dough to edges and smooth top of buns gently with a dampened spatula.
- Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with flax seeds (optional).
- Let sit 10-15 minutes in a warm room before baking. Start 10 minute Timer
- Bake buns for 24 minutes. Increase to 32 minutes f using parchment paper.
- Remove from pans and transfer to a cooling rack.
- This is important, because condensation will form on bottom.
Gluten Free sorghum beer can be used in place of water. Grease pans well, even non-stick. Cooled buns can be stored frozen to defrost as needed. Adapted from: http://freerangecookies.com/2013/09/17/gluten-free-hamburger-buns/
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1.2mg