The Best Buns I’ve ever made, now in a loaf!! Can’t keep it in the kitchen for more than few hours. It is so good everyone wants more than one slice. Even plain it’s delicious. This is the almond with almond version. Absolutely to kill (your hunger) for.
Disappearing Almond Loaf in Bread Maker
- 150 g liquid egg
- 56 g Olive oil 1/4 cup
- 360 ml Almond Milk or 355 ml Gluten Free Beer
- 25 g raw honey
- 170 g sorghum flour
- 170 g tapioca flour
- 85 g potato starch
- 85 g almond meal
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp bread machine yeast
- 3/4 tsp lecithin sunflower optional for preservative
- In the bowl combine: almond milk, oil, honey and eggs at room temperature. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine: gluten free sorghum flour, sugar, xanthan gum, and salt. It's important to blend dry ingredients thoroughly before adding to liquid ingredients. SET ASIDE YEAST TO ADD LAST!!
- Add liquids to bread maker pan.
- Add dry ingredients carefully, covering all liquids. Make shallow cavity in top of dry ingredients and place yeast therein.
- Gently place bread pan in bread machine and knead for 10 minutes. Use spatula to be sure all dry ingredients are in the mix. Large blob will likely form. This is good.
- Turn OFF bread machine. Remove paddle with wet, oily fingers. smooth to sides and let rise for 1 hour or so until almost triple in size.
- Turn on bread machine to bake setting and bake for 60 minutes. Insert thermometer at the 45 minute mark. If more baking time needed, make it happen.
- Bake until temperature is 207 F. Internal temperature of 207 is ideal (using probe) .
- Remove bread pan and place on side for 3 minutes on wire rack.
- Invert bread pan and shake out the loaf. Place it upright to cool for 1-2 hours. Enjoy!!