A neat twist on the flatbread buns recipe.
Farmer Cheese Almond Muffins (SCD)
Servings: 12 muffins
This SCD recipe is a really good muffins choice. Try it, you'll love it.Print Recipe
- 4 c almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda heaping
- 1/4 tsp nosalt salt also works
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz farmer cheese crumbled
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar with Mother; overflowing a bit.
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F.
- Optional: Combine spices and crush to a powder.
- In a medium bowl, blend well the flour, baking soda, nosalt (salt) and spices.
- Whisk eggs, olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add the cheese and then the remaining wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend into a dough ball.
- I use 4" baking tins to make 6 buns!! Use a #10 scoop to distribute the dough in 6 portions.
- Use 16 baking cups - I use silicone BPA Free
- Bake for about 32 minutes or until as dark and firm as you want. Toothpick tsts works also.
- Let cool on rack and remove from cup place on a wire rack.
- Store in refrigerator. May be frozen. Toasting is a great way to serve.
Also could be a flatbread without the toppings. Inspired by recipe from Comfy Belly (www.comfybelly.com)
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 10mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg