Really good Farmer cheese buns and you never know there is cheese in them!
You will be surprised that this is SCD legal.
Farmer Cheese Flatbread Buns (SCD)
Servings: 12 Buns
This SCD recipe is a really good as a flat bread or focaccia. Try it, you'll love it.Print Recipe
- 4 c almond flour
- 2 tsp baking soda heaping
- 1/4 tsp nosalt salt also works
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz farmer cheese crumbled
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs large or 196 g liquid eggs
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar with Mother; overflowing a bit.
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F.
- Optional: Combine spices and crush to a powder.
- In a medium bowl, blend well the flour, baking soda, nosalt (salt) and optional spices.
- Whisk eggs, olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add the cheese and then the remaining wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend into a dough ball.
- I use 4" baking cups to make 12 buns!! Use a #10 scoop to distribute the dough in 12 portions.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until testing toothpick comes out clean.
Baking Option I
- Line baking cups and trim the excess with 8" squares of parchment paper
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until as dark and firm as you want. Bake until testing toothpick comes out clean.
Also could be a flatbread without the toppings. Inspired by recipe from Comfy Belly (www.comfybelly.com)
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.6mg