This award winning SCD recipe is a must for many dishes. Our family really likes the pizza made with this dough.
Focaccia - Pizza - Flatbread (SCD)
Servings: 16 servings
This SCD recipe is a really good for a pizza crust and as a flat bread or focaccia. Try it, you'll love it.Print Recipe
- 2 c almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp nosalt salt also works
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar with Mother
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded or other hard cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine spices and crush to a powder.
- In a medium bowl, blend well the flour, baking soda, nosalt (salt) and spices.
- Whisk eggs, olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and cheese to the dry ingredients and blend into a dough ball.
- Flatten the ball of dough to the shape you want. I use a non-stick pizza baking sheet and parchment paper, top and bottom.
- Bake the crust for about 15 minutes, or until as dark and firm as you want.
- If you have toppings, add and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Also could be a flatbread without the toppings. Inspired by recipe from Comfy Belly (www.comfybelly.com)
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 17mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 0.7mg