Finding a supportive GI doctor naturally began with my current medical team. So, in November, we met with the GI doctor I have been seeing and asked if he supported our plan. He scoffed at what we proposed, noting if it was that “easy” he would be out of business.
Oh well, we needed him until we could find the right GI doctor. We let him prescribe Biologics which required pre-approval from my insurance and the paperwork could not be submitted until January 1st since I was changing plans. He prescribed medication to hold me over until I could begin treatment in January.