Ginger Chicken (SCD)
A family favorite
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic or more if you have vampires near
- 360 g boneless chicken skinless and fat removed
- 90 g ginger peeled and thin sliced
- ¼ c mushrooms fresh white mushrooms or black fungus
- 1 tbsp honey raw and uncooked
- 1 tbsp nouc mam fish sauce or oyster sauce
- ¼ c green onion optional
- ¼ c green chilies optional for some fire on the tounge
- Heat coconut oil in medium saucepan over medium high heat with garlic until garlic is golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken cooking until the link is gone, stirring often to avoid sticking or burning.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add ginger, honey, green onions, green chilies, mushrooms and nuoc mam or oyster sauce.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until all is soft and blended. Mushrooms should be soft and brown.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 5.7mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.6mg