Lebkuchen Cupcakes (SCD)
Christmas treat for all ages - Gingerbread with lemon “cream cheese” frostingPrint Recipe
- 2.5 c almond flour
- 50 g almonds finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 113 g orange peel finely chopped
- 3 tbsp prune juice or molasses for traditional version
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tbsp almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For The Frosting
- 7.5 ounces Farmer Cheese We use Friendship brand,
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 tbsp honey raw
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, spices and baking soda.
- Add your eggs, honey, olive oil, prune juice, applesauce, almond milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners a little over 1/2 way full. Yields 12.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Let your cupcakes cool completely before removing from cupcake tin.
- While your cupcakes are cooling, mix together your frosting. In a food processor (or blender), cream together your softened butter and Farmer Cheese.
- Add in lemon zest, honey, vanilla extract, lemon juice and blend again.
- Place frosting in freezer for 10 minutes to firm up. (The butter will cool, which thickens the frosting).
- Remove your frosting from the freezer and blend again in food processor until smooth. Spread or pipe over cooled cupcakes and enjoy! Store leftovers in an air tight container and refrigerate.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg