Homemade Almond Meal (SCD)
With just a few almonds and four simple steps, you will have fresh, homemade almond meal in no time.
Yield: 16 Tbsp
- .5 c almonds either blanched or whole with skin
- Almond MealPlace almonds in a clean electric coffee bean grinder or mini nut grinder.
- Secure the lid and pulse several times until a medium-fine textured meal forms (similar to cornmeal). Make sure not to over-grind or it will turn into almond butter.
- Place the ground almond meal in a clean flour sifter. Sift the almond meal into a bowl; place any large particles of almonds back in the grinder and pulse again. Sift the remaining almond meal.
- Pour into a storage container and either use immediately or refrigerate or freeze.
Because it can become rancid after being ground and exposed to oxygen and light, either refrigerate the almond meal, or for longer storage, wrap, label, and freeze.
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 31mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.2mg