Another brilliant recipe for Chef John which I’ve adapted for my taste and diet.
Homemade Beef Jerky
Original recipe yields 6 servings
Yield: 30 servings
- ¾ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika or to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds beef thinly sliced
- Whisk Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, paprika, honey, black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder together in a bowl. Add beef to bowl and turn to coat beef completely. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator, 3 hours to overnight.
- Prepare air dryer
- Transfer beef to paper towels to dry. Discard marinade. Arrange beef slices in a single layer on the prepared air dryer rack.
- Air dry Bake beef until dry and leathery, 3 to 4 hours. Cut with scissors into bite-size pieces.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 141IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg