A favorite breakfast in my world! This honey Pecan Pie is grain free, gluten-free, honey-sweetened & intensely amazing!Would you believe a pecan pie is good for you if you have ulcerative colitis? It works for me and it took me 20 months to find out. Check out HalfTablespoon.com for more about my IBD diet path and more. Click To Tweet
Honey Pecan Pie! (SCD)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
cooling: 2 hours
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
This honey Pecan Pie is grain free, gluten-free, honey-sweetened & intensely amazing!Print Recipe
For the Filling:
- 5 tbsp salt free butter melted AND COOLED
- 3 egg 3 huge eggs room temperature, beaten
- 7/8 c honey ~300 g
- 2 tsp vanilla pure
- 1/2 tsp no salt or sea salt will work
- 1 c pecan pieces or chopped pecans, I like the great bite of the pieces
- 1 pie crust use pie crust recipe
- Prepare pie crust and bake 6 minutes. See separate recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 F for the pie that will be ready to go in a few minutes.
- Using a big bowl, add all of the filling ingredients EXCEPT the pecans and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the pecans gently.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Fill it to the brim and carefully put the pie in the oven.
- All the pecans will float to the top, creating a layer of candy with gooey buttered honey underneath
- Add SHIELD to prevent crust burn.Bake for about 25-40 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, start checking it by gently pulling out the rack to see if the pie is jiggly. When it is “set” it will still have a bit of wiggle, but barely!
- Cool well before eating (refrigerate for an hour or two) to get a really “candy-like” pie texture with a crunch on top and a luscious bottom!
Adapted from http://www.fengshuidana.com/2013/11/04/honey-pecan-pie/
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.3mg