The jasmine rice with broccoli and fresh herbs is another delicious variety of the very IBD friendly rice dishes. You’ll love it even if you are not a fan of broccoli.
Jasmine Rice with Broccoli and Fresh Herbs
Servings: 3 Servings
Sweet smelling Jasmine rice, gently boiled infused with steamed broccoli and fresh picked herbs from the kitchen garden - awesome, healthy meal for me. My IBS has no problem with this dish, although it may create a bit of gas for some folks.Print Recipe
- 150 g Jasmine rice or any whole grain white rice
- 240 g broth Your choice, I use chicken or vegetable. Water is an option
- 125 g frozen broccoli
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs I use Thai Basil and Tarragon
- Measure rice into small sauce pan.
- Add broth or water and stir (important I use chop sticks)
- Cover and bring to a boil on high heat - takes about 5 minutes
- Reduce heat to low and stir once more. Remain covered. Cook for 10-11 minutes until you can't see the liquid.
- Remove from heat, fluff and cover with lid slightly askew. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Place broccoli in microwave safe bowl with tsp water, cover and heat 2 minutes or until soft. Chop Broccoli with herbs into serving bowl.
- Add fluffed rice into serving bowl and combine with broccoli and herbs.
- Stir until well distributed in bowl.
- Cover and serve. Can be kept in warmer until ready to serve.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 528mg | Potassium: 502mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 57.8mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 3.8mg