A simple, but delightful meal for the most discerning of tastes. Well tolerated by my IBD.
Jasmine Rice with Brussels Sprouts and Fresh Herbs
Sweet smelling Jasmine rice, gently boiled infused with steamed broccoli and fresh picked herbs from the kitchen garden - awesome, healthy meal for me. My IBD has no problem with this dish, although it may create a bit of gas for some folks.
Yield: 3 Servings
- 150 g Jasmine rice or any whole grain white rice
- 240 g broth your choice, I use chicken or vegetable. Water is an option
- 260 g brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup fresh herbs I use Thai basil and tarragon
- Measure rice into small sauce pan.
- Add broth or water and stir (important I use chop sticks)
- Cover and bring to a boil on high heat - takes about 5 minutes
- Reduce heat to low and stir once more. Remain covered. Cook for 10-11 minutes until you can't see the liquid.
- Remove from heat, fluff and cover with lid slightly askew. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Place frozen brussels sprouts in microwave safe bowl with tsp water, cover and heat 2 minutes or until soft. Place brussels sprouts with herbs into serving bowl.
- Add fluffed rice into serving bowl and combine with brussels sprouts and herbs.
- Stir until well distributed in bowl.
- Cover and serve. Can be kept in food warmer until ready to serve.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 346mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 75.1mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 3.4mg