A simple, but delightful meal for the most discerning of tastes. Well tolerated by my IBD.
Jasmine Rice with Brussels Sprouts and Fresh Herbs
Servings: 3 Servings
Sweet smelling Jasmine rice, gently boiled infused with steamed broccoli and fresh picked herbs from the kitchen garden - awesome, healthy meal for me. My IBD has no problem with this dish, although it may create a bit of gas for some folks.Print Recipe
- 150 g Jasmine rice or any whole grain white rice
- 240 g broth your choice, I use chicken or vegetable. Water is an option
- 260 g brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs I use Thai basil and tarragon
- Measure rice into small sauce pan.
- Add broth or water and stir (important I use chop sticks)
- Cover and bring to a boil on high heat - takes about 5 minutes
- Reduce heat to low and stir once more. Remain covered. Cook for 10-11 minutes until you can't see the liquid.
- Remove from heat, fluff and cover with lid slightly askew. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Place frozen brussels sprouts in microwave safe bowl with tsp water, cover and heat 2 minutes or until soft. Place brussels sprouts with herbs into serving bowl.
- Add fluffed rice into serving bowl and combine with brussels sprouts and herbs.
- Stir until well distributed in bowl.
- Cover and serve. Can be kept in food warmer until ready to serve.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 346mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 75.1mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 3.4mg