Sweet smelling Jasmine rice, gently boiled infused with steamed brussels sprouts and sausage – awesome, healthy meal for me. My IBD has no problem with this dish, although it may create a bit of gas for some folks.
Jasmine Rice with Brussels Sprouts and Sausage
- 150 g Jasmine rice or any whole grain white rice
- 240 g broth Your choice, I use chicken or vegetable. Water is an option
- 260 g brussels sprouts
- 4 link sausage links Precooked frozen links
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Measure rice into small sauce pan.
- Add broth or water and stir (important I use chop sticks)
- Cover and bring to a boil on high heat - takes about 5 minutes
- Reduce heat to low and stir once more. Remain covered. Cook for 10-11 minutes until you can't see the liquid.
- Remove from heat, fluff and cover with lid slightly askew. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Place frozen brussels sprouts in microwave safe bowl with tsp water, cover and heat 2 minutes or until soft. Place brussels sprouts with herbs into serving bowl.
- Chop sausage into small pieces and heat with oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add fluffed rice and combine with brussels sprouts and sausage.
- Stir until well distributed in pan. Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Place in serving bowl, cover and serve. Can be kept in food warmer until ready to serve.