This SCD inspired chicken soup has quickly become the soup hit of the family. FODMAP.
Magna Chicken Soup (SCD)
This is truly the best chicken soup I ever made.
Yield: 10 servings
Chicken parts breasts and thighs make the most flavorful soup
- 2 chicken breast skinless
- 8 thighs skinless
- 10 carrots
- 2 sweet onions large sweet
- 10 celery stalks
- 1 parsley bunch
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sage omit for intro diet
- Using the largest pot you have, fill half of it with the chicken parts
- Peel about ten carrots and add to chicken.
- Add about two large onions, celery, and parsley.
- Season with salt.
- Fill pot with water.
- Simmer for about 4 hours and then strain soup through a colander or strainer.
- Skim off top layer of fat (don't worry if you can't get it all).
- Purée carrots in blender and return to broth.
- Remove chicken parts, shred and return to pot.
- Onions, celery, and parsley should not be used at the start of the dietary regimen because the fibrous parts of these vegetables may cause problems.
Based on the introductory diet from Breaking the Vicious Cycle™
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 832mg | Potassium: 545mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 10385IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 0.6mg