Yield: 48 chips
- 8 oz cheddar cheese mild cut into 1/8" slices
- 1 tsp chili powder or Old Bay
- ½ c almond flour
- ⅛ tsp Black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut cheese slices into approx. 1" squares.
- Allow cheese slices to come to room temperature.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Dip cheese in almond flour mixture and pat to coat evenly.
- Arrange on parchment paper spaced 1" apart.
- Bake at 300 for 10-15 minutes until bubbly.
- Let cool on cookie sheets until cool enough to handle
- Transfer to paper towels to absorb oils, until completely cool.
- At this point they will be flexible and good to eat as a mini-soft taco shells.
- To make them crisp like chips, arrange several on a paper plate and microwave on high 30-45 seconds.
- Watch carefully so they do not burn. They will bubble up, while cooking and develop a domed appearance.
- Let cool on paper towels.
- As they cool they will become crispy.
Calories: 26kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 5mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg