You will think you are in Bavarian bakery having your afternoon apple cake and coffee!! Is sehr gut!!
Oma's Bavarian Apfelkuchen
Servings: 12 servings
You will think you are in Bavarian bakery having your afternoon apple cake and coffee!! Is sehr gut!!Print Recipe
- 19 tbsp honey raw (300gm), must be raw
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter softened stick
- 2 eggs large
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 apples large
- 3 tbsp. honey raw
- Peel and slice apples and set aside,
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 8 or 9 inch springform pan.
- Whisk/blend butter and honey until smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time and keep blending.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix until smooth and uniform mixture.
- Pour batter into greased pan and set aside. Note: Cake batter will rise around the apples.
- Place apples on top of cake batter overlapping in a circular fashion.Note: Cake batter will rise around the apples.
- Drizzle 3 tbsp. honey on top of the batter before baking.
- Bake cake for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove baked cake promptly from pan and let completely cool.
Converted from the Homestead Bloggers Network
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg