A 6 cup version of the fabulous hazelnut cake recipe.
Omi's berühmter and beliebter Nusskuchen II (SCD)
Old Bavarian Hazelnut cake. This is the 6 cup recipe.Print Recipe
- 3/8 c butter unsalted - 1 sticks
- 3/4 c sugar 200 g - substitute 10 tbsp RAW honey (155 gm) +.1/8 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 g hazelnut flour Hazelnut flour can be used as a replacement of wheat flour, however, you will probably need to increase the amount of rising agent to compensate for the heavier weight of the nut flour.
- 3 eggs to be added one at a time
- 1 tbsp baking powder scant
- 93 g hazelnuts pulverized
- Preheat oven to 330 F non-convection.
- Butter bundt pan.
- Mix butter and sugar (honey) in stand mixer.
- Keep mixing and add eggs separately.
- Mix flour and baking soda and whisk into stand mixer spoon by spoon.
- Continue to whisk into a smooth dough.
- Add hazelnuts and knead in same mixer.
- Pour batter evenly into bundt pan.
- Bake for 33 minutes.
- Continue baking until toothpick comes out clean, about 5 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave in half cracked open door oven for 7 minutes and then cool on wire rack until the cake can be shaken loose easily upside down onto the rack.
- Add glaze if desired
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 316IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg