This is the 8 cup SCD version of Omi’s delicious Bavarian hazelnut cake.
Omi's berühmter and beliebter Nusskuchen I (SCD)
Old Bavarian Hazelnut cake. This is an 8 cup recipe.Print Recipe
- 1/2 c butter unsalted - 1 sticks
- 150 g honey add 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 200 g Almond flour Hazelnut or almond flour can be used.
- 192 g eggs 4 large eggs to be added one at a time
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125 g hazelnuts pulverized or walnuts
- 1/2 tsp lecithin sunflower optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F non-convection. (330 convection if using cups)
- Butter bundt pan. (or grease cups)
- Mix butter and sugar (honey) in stand mixer.
- Keep mixing and add eggs separately. (all at once if using liquid eggs)
- Mix flour and baking soda and whisk into stand mixer spoon by spoon.
- Continue to whisk into a smooth dough.
- Add hazelnuts and knead in same mixer.
- Pour batter evenly into bundt pan. (evenly into cups)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Begin testing at 35 minutes until toothpick is clean. (15 minutes for small cups or 20 for large cups)
- Turn off heat and leave in half cracked open door oven for 7 minutes and then cool on wire rack until the cake can be shaken loose easily upside down onto the rack.
- Add glaze if desired
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 316IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg