Pecan Mango Salmon over Spaetzle
Absolutely the most delicious salmon I've ever eaten. I like salmon AGAIN!
Yield: 2 People
- 1 salmon filet large
- 1 large sweet onion thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tbls olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbls minced garlic
- ⅓ c pecans pulverize
- ⅓ c dried mango cut into small pieces
- 4 tbls lemon juice or Fresh squeezed lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 tbls Nuoc Mam Fish Sauce
- ¼ c raw honey
- ⅓ c water
- 2 tbls sesame oil
- 2 tbls unsalted butter
- 3 slices swiss cheese cut into wide strips
- Sautee thinly sliced onions and minced garlic in olive oil until almost caramelized.
- Always use defrosted salmon.
- Wash and pat the salmon dry with paper towel.
- Pulverize pecans and chop mango into small pieces
- Season the salmon fillets with black pepper and salt.
- In a flat baking dish, stir together nuoc mam, honey, water, lemon juice, pecans, mango and sesame oil until molasses is dissolved.
- Place salmon in the marinade turning cover both sides
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour turning at least once.
- Preheat air fryer at 350°F/180°C
- Arrange the salmon in the air fryer basket..
- Boil 1 qt water with 1/8 tsp of salt
- Boil spaetzle for 13 minutes
- Butter a small baking bowl with 2 tbls of unsalted butter
- Layer spaetzle, cheese strips and onions in bowl
- Place salmon in air fryer at 350F for 10 minutes
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes while salmon bakes
- Put remaining marinade in small pot and boil down until thick.
- Place salmon on baked spaetzle and put marinade in bowl and serve.
Set timer for 8 -10 minutes, depending on your doneness desires.
Calories: 1001kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 64g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 813mg | Potassium: 799mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 66g | Vitamin A: 4760IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 297mg | Iron: 4mg