A delectable pesto sauce rivaling any Italian recipe and better than any commercial product.
Servings: 8 servings
This simple, but tasty sauce is a fine addition to your sauces.Print Recipe
- 2 cups basil leaves no stems
- 2 TBSP pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Combine basil leaves, pine nuts or walnuts and garlic in a food processor and process until very finely minced.
- While the machine is running, slowly dribble in the oil and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cheese and process very briefly, just long enough to combine.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
This recipe adapted from https://www.simplyrecipes.com/
Calories: 43kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 0.4mg