This pork loin roll is a family favorite for decades which has been nicknamed “Rope Meat” for the twine which holds it together. We cook varying sizes in the Air Fryer depending on the number of guests. It is juicy and tender, none better for a great feast with Faux Baked Potato. I asked our local butcher to fold the lean pork tenderloin in half and tie it at 1 1/2 inch lengths. The cut it into 3 lb sections to fit my air fryer basket. SCD Legal. Low FODMAP.
Roasted Pork Loin Roll (Rope Meat - SCD)
- 3 lbs pork loin roll My family calls it rope meat due the ties.
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder optional - Ok for SCD, but IBD High FODMAP - use sage or other spice of your choice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper Optional - I use just a dash
- Rinse pork roll and pat dry wit paper towel
- Combine spices and herbs and rub into all sides of the pork roll.
- If using probe, insert in side of roll.
- Place roll on end in air fryer basket and gently insert basket into air fryer paying careful attention to not pinch the probe wire.
- Cook at 375 F until internal temperature is 170 F. This gives a no pink center that is very juicy.
- Remove from air fryer and serve.